Faced with your greatest choices, how do you know which one is right?
It is 1952 Britain. The war is over, but not the personal battles for beautiful Lily Whitely; brilliant Phila Claiborne; blueblood Hugh Claiborne; brave Ollie Ogilvie; and beguiling Dan McCauley.
- Lily craves a future and fame in the world of fashion.
- Phila revels in studying at Oxford with her literary heroes, but longs to find her Prince Charming.
- Hugh’s deepest desire is to find the glory and honor he never found during the war.
- Ollie confronts his wartime demons, as he tries to find a path to happiness.
- Dan, grounded from flying, seeks solace in humanism and the love of a woman.
But they have an enemy more insidious than they could ever have imagined, one bent on destroying their dreams – and their souls.
They find themselves tangled in a web of personal crises and deception, in London and Oxford, where they encounter angels, dark whispers, and choices that will change their lives forever.
Infused with the influences (and appearances) of C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien, Nan Rinella has crafted a powerful tale about the decisions we make (and where those decisions take us) that will delight readers far beyond their expectations.
“Nan Rinella’s novel and series should appeal to Lewis / Tolkien devotees and draw readers to further explore their lives and works.”
Steven Elmore, VP C.S. Lewis Foundation
“Dreams in the Distance is full of heart. I look forward to more from this author.”
Carolyn Curtis, award-winning journalist / co-author of Women and C.S. Lewis
“This story is entertaining, inspiring, and thought-provoking.”
Terry Glaspey, editor / author / prolific author, including 75 Masterpieces Every Christian Should Know
“Dreams in the Distance is a novel of love and war, faith and doubt, intellect and insight, displaying Nan Rinella’s passion for history and literature.”
Joy Jordan-Lake, author A Tangled Mercy